I love following the Allure Beauty Awards. Yes, there are loads of these types of awards out there and I choose to pay little attention to them. I have been on judging panels before – trust me, half the time the panellist hasn’t even tried the product before – it’s shocking. Anyway, this is not the case with the Allure Best of Beauty and, I must say, when I see that little red sticker on a product I am persuaded even further to haul out my wallet (as if I needed more incentive!).
Their 2016 awards have just taken place so below are my picks of products that have made it onto my wishlist. This is a small selection out of the 276 products that were on the list. You can see the full list on their site. It was very hard to narrow down my wishlist as there are some incredible products on there, but here it goes. Sadly, as usual, 90% of these products are not available in South Africa so this is more just a dreamy list… If only we had Sephora and Ulta here!
1. St Tropez Gradual Tan Plus Anti-Ageing Multi-Action Face (link)
2. Tata Harper Purifying Mask (link)
3. L’Oreal True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator (link)
4. Cult & Beauty Nail Polish in shade Ghost (link)
5. Diptyque Precious Oils for Body and Bath (link)
6. Annick Goutal – L‘Ile au Thé – Scented Candle (link)
7. Becca Back Light Priming Filter (link)
8. Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer (link)
9. Origins Warm Down Warming Lava Body Scrub (link)
10. Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer (link)
11. OUAI Smooth Conditioner (link)
12. Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in Boho Nude (link)
13. FRESH Crème Ancienne Ultimate Nourishing Honey Mask (link)