Had a dinner the other night and was feeling very poor/uninspired about what to cook for my guests. Luckily my sister came to the rescue with a recipe for a simple chicken dish.
It was amazing and could not have been easier. Definitely one of those dishes that can convince your guests that you have been slaving away the whole afternoon. Thanks se www.tumericandtulle.wordpress.com
· 1 onion (finely chopped)
· 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
· olive oil
· 2 x 400g tine whole cherry tomatoes (woolies has nice ones)
· 4 large tbsp mascarpone
· a handful basil
· 6 chicken breasts (skin on)
1) Pre-heat oven to 190°.
2) Fry onion and garlic in olive oil, until soft, add tins of tomatoes, simmer 10-15 min
3) Take off heat, stir in mascarpone and half basil, roughly torn
4) Fry chicken breast on both sides in a pan until golden
5) Transfer to baking dish, pour over sauce and bake for 25-30 min
6) Scatter over rest of basil when done
For dessert I ended up melting a slab of hazelnut chocolate and the rest of the mascarpone on the hob and poured this over fresh strawberries 🙂 delish
Try it out, honestly so easy and very tasty!